Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Big Day

Honestly now, is there a city with more dysfunctional politicians than Oceanside? Yeah, ok, point taken.

Since my commute now takes me solidly through Oceanside, I've seen a lot of campaigning these past few weeks. But since my recent move has rendered me ineligible for voting in this election, all I can do is sit on the sidelines and watch.

Of course, given the choice, I would probably be voting for Sheri Mackin over either Armentrout (pro-business stooge) or Johnson (turncoat Republican Party minority stooge). This may be harsh, but it seems to me that anyone who suddenly decides that this Republican Party best represents their views is not carefully considering the full implications of that statement. (Fiscal conservative, please.) Of course, it's obvious that it's not philosophy that is the guiding light behind Johnson's betrayal, but political fortunes. With any luck, those fortunes will come to a screeching halt with the returns tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home